Friday, March 26, 2010

Busy Friday

Evening all, they say that bedrest can be boring. Well today was so busy I didn't have time to relax all day. My day starts at 6am when they come in with my one med and monitor the babies heartbeats and monitor for contractions. This usually only lasts half an hour but the babies were not cooperating this morning so it took two nurses and until about 7:30 to get it all done. Breakfast comes about 8 and then my first visitors of the day came at about 8:20.

Jacie and Melissa came and visited from work and Erin stopped on her way into work. It was great to see them. After they left my aunt Denise stopped to see me while Jeff was at a docs appt. Also great to see her. I got in a shower after that and then the nutritionist came in to visit with me about ideas for me to eat more. So we came up with some ideas for some snacks and when good times would be to eat them so we've started that. We'll see if I can gain some weight.

The NICU doc also stopped in today to discuss how things have changed since last week. No way are we out of the woods but he said things have improved. Every day things get better. So that was good.

Joanna stopped by around lunch and chatted and brought me ginger cookies. I had one, it was fabulous! This afternoon was more monitoring and I finally got to just sit for about an hour. Corey came after work and then Rob, Mel and kids all came for a visit. It was so nice to see them. Emily is getting so big and she's adorable. Corey left about 6, then I had more monitoring and am now relaxing.

So I don't have a lot of medical updates today. The kids moved around and kicked ALL day but no contractions. The doc said I may be able to go out for wheel chair rides next week. We will see how it goes.

Happy Friday all and enjoy the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Well Hello there Joscy! I've been out of town (at Disney World) and apparently quite out of touch. So sorry to hear that your bed rest has moved to the hospital, but I'm glad that you are getting excellent care! It's good to hear that every day you are getting better news. Hang in there! I'm thinking about you.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete