Thursday, March 18, 2010

24 Weeks

Good morning all. Well we made it to Goal #1. The babies are 24 weeks today and about the length of an ear of corn. Man it's a good thing they crunch up in little balls when in the belly because two ears of corn sticking strait out would be so uncomfortable.

So 24 weeks, the babies have hit viability. This means that going forward there is medical technology available to help them if they deliver early. This week they have a 50% chance of survival, each weeks that percentage goes up. By 26 weeks I know it's 70%. So, it's still very early and I hope they don't come out any time soon but I am so thankful to know that if they do they can be helped. It gives me great hope.

Today we do have another appt. Hopefully my sister didn't drink too much green beer on her birthday last night and will make it to see them on the ultrasound. I will update tonight or tomorrow on what we find out today. If things look fine, I'll be having dinner with Corey somewhere before we come home. If things look like they have changed I will be in the hospital for another couple of days for some steriod shots to help they babies lungs develop. I will keep everyone posted.

Yesterday I sat on the deck for an hour in the sun. It was 80 in sun and it felt awesome. How do we get 80 in WI in March? I'm not complaining. It's supposed to be another beautiful day today so I'm hoping to get outside for a little bit just to soak up some Vitamin D. Love this weather.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck today. I'm glad to see they are talking about the steroid shots. I give those shots credit for Claire's healthy lungs when she was born. Hope you are able to get outside again today, its beautiful in the sun.

    ReplyDelete