Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers Day

Happy Mothers Day to all the mom's out there!!! My first mothers day was absolutely wonderful. I got to have a wonderful lunch with my family and got good updates about the kids today.

Dillan continues to do well. Her feeds are still at 25ml every 3 hours. The doctor told me they just come in and say hello to her, feed her and change her and she's happy. She just needs to get bigger and stronger.

Tyler is doing so much better. What they found out was Tyler has a form of strep which is very dangerous. Usually, this type of strep is passed from a mother to a baby during a vaginal delivery. I was never tested for it and the kids were never tested for it because I delivered them via c-section. The doctor said it's very rare for a child to contract this type of bacteria without that form of delivery. However, now that they know what the bacteria is, the antibiotics for it work very well. He will be on them for 14 days to ensure that they kill all the bacteria. They take no chances because the bacteria grows so fast it can take over a child's entire system and shut it down very quickly. The doctor said Tyler is a great fighter and was very lucky he didn't have to have more medical intervention. He did a great job all on his own. So, we will let the antibiotics run this course and hope our little man gets better soon.

The other thing going on with Tyler is his distended belly. Again last night after his feedings his belly got really big. The doctor said he's pooping some and his belly is soft but they were concerned there was something else going on. They'd done an x-ray on it when he got sick the other day but they did another one today just to make sure they didn't miss anything. The good news is that everything looks good. They think he may have some gas and air built up in his intestines that he's having a hard time getting rid of. So today they stopped feeding him again. They want to give his system time to work out what was already in there before putting more in. We will see how he does tomorrow and if they start feeding him small amounts of food again.

Auntie Becky came up to visit with me today and see the kids. I cuddled with Dillan for an hour while we were there. She really is a little peanut. Both kids had mothers day cards with their pictures in them waiting for me when I got there. They were so cute.

Thank you to everyone for the mothers day wishes. It really is sweet and means a lot. I really enjoyed my first mothers day and got the best present ever. Time with my kids, positive reports that they are doing well, and time with my family. It was a great day. Thank you all for the love and support.

Love
Joscy, Corey, Dillan & Tyler :)

No comments:

Post a Comment