Thursday, May 27, 2010

34 Weeks

The kids would have been 34 weeks today with only 4 left to go to be considered full term. We are getting closer to when they should be able to come home.

Got to the hospital today and cuddled with Tyler for an hour. He literally screamed at me once when I was holding him. It was the first time I'd heard his lungs. It was nice that I was able to sooth him because for so long I wasn't able to do that. After that I fed Dillan her once a day bottle. She drank 26 of her 37ml's. Yeah. She did very good and gave me big burps today. This afternoon I had my 6 week follow up appt at the doctor and everything looked good so I'm cleared to return to normal exercise!! It will be interesting to challenge myself now that I know I'm medically ok to do it. Got back to the hospital and had a nice surprise. We got moved to the very, very back corner of the NICU. It's actually a little L cove area with just enough room for twins. It's very private which is nice when you're dealing with the little ones. They like things quiet and dark. When Corey got there after work he cuddled with Tyler until the eye doctor came for their first eye exam. Both kids looked great. No issues or concerns at this point. They will be seen again in a couple of weeks. After the doctor left I cuddled with Dillan while she had dinner from her feeding tube. She slept through the entire thing.

So that was the day in general. No changes were made to Dillans care today. Tyler's feeds were increased to 12ml's per hour. The doctor told me today he has to get to 16ml's per hour to be considered full feeds. He's almost there!!! However, he still isn't pooping. He got another suppository today and it didn't really help. He did pass some gas tonight which is a good sign and I'm sure made him feel better. I think things are moving, they are just moving really, really slow.

That's all for tonight. Tomorrow is Friday and then three day weekends for most. Enjoy the nice weather.

Love
Joscy, Corey, Dillan & Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment