Friday, April 30, 2010

TGIF

Morning all, I don't have a lot to report on the kids today. They are both going through their regular ups and downs on the oxygen levels which is extremely common in kids their age.

Dillan is at 2lb 6oz and Tyler is at 2lb 13oz. They increased the amount of calories they are adding to their milk to 24 yesterday to try to give them a little extra boost again and Tyler's feedings increased to 26ml per feeding. Tyler has a couple of days left on his antibiotics and hopefully he'll be able to focus on growing and getting stronger.

Yesterday Tyler was having a tough day but when I got there I held him for an hour and he was so good. The nurses showed me how to feel his little body to tell if he's getting to relaxed. When he gets too relaxed is usually when he forgets to breathe. Then a couple seconds later he'll take a deep breath to recover. So if you can tell his breathing is getting really shallow you can rub his back or pat his little butt to remind him that he has to focus on breathing. He did really well yesterday when I had him out. I just kept telling him how proud I was of him.

When Corey got there after work he held Dillan for about an hour. She's such a trooper and does so well. I caught Corey once telling her how spoiled she was going to be when she came home. There is no doubt in my mind she is Daddy's little girl. Let me tell you I know first hand what being Daddy's little girl feels like and she is so lucky. There is no better feeling in the world than that unconditional love and support.

Today is going to be my first day driving up to the NICU. I haven't driven a car since February and I'm really looking forward to it. Corey had to work an overnight shift last night so he's sleeping this morning. I'm thinking we will head up there this afternoon.

Again, thank you all for your continued thoughts, prayers, and support. Have a great weekend and for everyone in WI I hope you all catch some fish!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joscy!
    Cathy shared your blog with me so I could see the pictures of the babies! They are so cute. I wanted you to know that I think of you and your family OFTEN and you are in my prayers too. Now that I have your blog I'll log in now and then to keep up with your progess.
    Luann LaValley

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear they are continuing to grow and do well! Love the pictures too and the cute little outfits! You'll be amazed how fast they grow into them and out of them, the time goes by so fast! Continued thoughts and prayers for all of you...

    ReplyDelete