Saturday, April 24, 2010

Quite a Week

Let's see, the last time I wrote, Tyler had just started his apnea spells. I believe Wednesday night they put Tyler back on the c-pap to help him breathe. They also did an entire workup on him to check for anything else and found he had an infection so they started him on antibiotics. He is responding well to the antibiotics which is good. Yesteday he came off the c-pap again and is breathing on his own again. Yeah. The doctors thought he may have needed the help breathing because he was so tired from fighting the infection. Poor little guy.

Then towards the end of the week, Dillan started having the same type of apnea spells that Tyler had earlier in the week so they immediatly started her on antibiotics and did a full workup on her. She has the little oxygen tubes in her nose now to give her a little help breathing and her antibiotics started yesterday.

To top off the week, I called mom yesterday because I had a temp and couldn't stop shaking. I asked her to come over and keep an eye on me. When she got here and took my temp again it was 103.7. So, we called the doctors office and they think I also have an infection. My infection is called mastitis, it's an infection in the breast. It's not contagious but I didn't go up to the hospital yesterday just because I felt so icky. So, Tyler, Dillan, and I are all on antibiotics.

Beyond the infections and the help with breathing this week both kids are growing fabulous. I know Dillan made it past 2 pounds on Thursday but I don't have her exact weight. I will have to get the updated numbers when I go up there this weekend. I know they are both eating larger amounts. Tyler is up to 15ml per feeding and Dillan is up to 13ml per feeding. They continue to get bigger and stronger every day. I will try to get some 1 week birthday photos up here today.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Please keep our little ones in your thoughts and prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there. This journey will have its ups and downs. I will be thinking of you all and hope these infections clear up fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girl!! A good friend of mine went through mastitis four or five times. It's painful, but the antibiotics helped pretty quickly. Remember you have to take care of yourself too!! Glad to hear they are growing!!!

    ReplyDelete