Saturday, April 10, 2010

27 Weeks

Hi all, my apologies for not updating on Thursday like a usually do but it's been an interesting week. I'll start with Wednesday. Wednesday around lunch I started having this cramping pain just below my belly button. It wasn't bad and usually if that happens I will go away overnight.

I woke up Thursday and the cramping had gotten worse. It was happening more often and the pain was getting worse. So, they hooked me up to some monitors to see what was going on. I was having some very small contractions but nothing that should be causing me that much pain. The doctor thought maybe the small contractions were pulling on my stitch and that's what was causing me the intense pain. They increased my meds to get rid of the contractions which helped. But my pain still wouldn't going away. Every 5-10 min I was having this awful pain. They still couldn't figure out what it was so they gave me some wonderful pain meds to help me sleep. The doctor came back and checked my cervix to make sure it wasn't changing and she said it had gone from just under 1cm to 1cm so it had hardly changed. She wasn't worried.

Yesterday I got up and when I tried to pee it hurt really bad so they tested me for a urinary tract infection and they finally figured out that's what they think is causing me so much pain. So as of yesterday they've started me on antibiotics for that and my pain seems to have gone down. It's not gone but at least it helps. Wow, who would've thought I'd be in so much pain the hospital without being in labor. Last night I only had to take one dose of pain meds and a sleeping pill to get throught the night. Let's hope tonight I won't need either. We will see how it goes.

As for the babies they are doing good. 27 weeks means they are the weight of a head of califlower, just over 2 lbs each. My belly continues to get larger and their heartbeats continue to look good. Every day is a blessing. Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I'm really hoping this week is a little more quiet. Have a good one.

1 comment: