Wednesday, April 28, 2010

2 Weeks Old 03/27/10

The kids turned two weeks old yesterday. We had such a nice day at the NICU. Both kids got to put real baby sleepers on for the first time and it melted our hearts. They look so cute. I attached some picutres so you can see.

Here is Dillan just sprawled out completely flat. My little girl that I swore would never wear pink looks completely adorable in it. She's my little princess. The second picture is her all tucked in with her little blanket. Dillan is up to 2lb 7oz now and she is over 15 inches long. She just contineus to get bigger and stronger. She's our little trooper.
And here is our little monster Tyler in his cute little baseball outfit. His antibiotics seem to be working well and he's starting to feel better. I didn't get Tyler's weight yesterday but he was at 2lbs 11oz the day before. He's not growing as fast as Dillan is but he's also been fighting his infection. He's been doing really well and we hope he's back to 100% soon. He is definetly his Daddy's little man. Corey always catches him with his eyes open.




Both kids are still on oxygen and the amount varies throughout the day. When the kids eat they tend to need a little more help because their bellies get full and they can't take good deep breathes. We expect the oxygen to continue for another couple weeks.
As of yesterday the NICU started adding extra calories to the breastmilk that the kids get. It's just a powder that they add. Breastmilk contains 20 calories per oz and this powder just bumps that up to 22 calories per oz. It's a way to increase their calories intake without increasing the amount of milk they have to digest. Tyler is now up to 24ml per feeding and Dillan is up to 22ml per feeding. It seems like so much compared to the 1ml they each started at.

You can't help but feel proud of everything they are doing knowing that they aren't supposed to have to do any of this stuff for another 2 months.
Hope everyone is having a good week.









4 comments:

  1. Those pics just melt my heart!! They are so cute :) I can't wait to see them 2morrow!! Love all you guys!!!

    Mandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joscy,

    Journalist, mother Joscy, you do such a beautiful job of telling your story, I love each blog. I was so sorry to hear of the antibiotic routine for all of you, Heidi had mastitis, it really is painful if I remember . This world is hard already for the twins, thankfully the biotics will do their job for all of you.

    Thank you for the pics, they are just abundantly precious, the outfits give them such darling personalities as well. Pink is perfect for Dillon. I am amazed at all of the dark hair they have already too. Heidi had hair like that also.

    Glory to God for 2 week birthdays, antibiotics, wise and intelligent staff, and rich, nutritious breast milk from a mom who loves deeply.

    Hugs, Aunt Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to post something, but then read what Aunt Judy said, and I couldn't say it better than that. I love your posts and the pictures are precious. I hope all three of you heal quickly, and it eases my mind that they are under such good care :-)
    I can't wait for you to be able to bring them home so you can just love them up more than what you can now! And I can't wait to meet them!
    Glad to hear everyone is strong...I think about you guys all the time.
    Much love,
    Katie T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeay for 24ml and 22ml! Let's celebrate the small milestones along the journey! Sending lots of love and prayers from Ohio!

    Love y'all lots! :)

    ReplyDelete