Thursday, July 15, 2010

Surgeon Follow Up

Hi All, it has been an interesting week. Corey went back to work on Monday so it's been just the kids and I all week. Well, not really because I've had lots of visitors and help from Mom and Becky but it's still different not having Corey home during the day. I've also been trying to let him sleep at night so I'm not getting much rest. 3-4 hours a night is about it.

The kids are currently not on the same schedule. I know I need to get them there but it's been hard for me to wake one up when the other one is up. When they sleep I am just happy they are sleeping.

Today was a big day for us. Tyler had a follow up appointment from his surgery and we brought Dillan along for the ride. Wow, it is really something to try to get two kids out of the house and to an appt on time. Good thing Mom was here to help me out. I'm not sure what I'd do without her. So, Tyler's belly looks good. He had a little piece of suture sticking out so they surgeon trimmed it but other than that it is healing nicely. No more work needed there. Yeah.

After that we stopped and had coffee with Joanna. I needed the caffeine and I was happy we were able to catch her with a free minute in the office. Once she took off back to work we made our way over to the NICU. We've been having a hard time with Tyler's oxygen. He has figured out that the plastic thing on his face comes off if he pulls hard enough. What a pain. Most mornings we come in the kids room and he's pulled it off his face completely. I wanted to talk to the doctor to see what the options were. I either needed some heavy duty sticky stuff or try him without the oxygen and see how it went. Well, thankfully the doctor said to give it a try with no oxygen. YEAH!!! So our little man is cannula free. He is so handsome without it. We are keeping the oxygen in the house for another couple of weeks. If his apnea monitor starts going off more frequently or we notice he isn't the same we should resume the oxygen but we will see how it goes. I really think he will be great without it.

After we left the hospital we met up with Mel, Andrew, and Emily for a really nice walk on the Millennium Trail in Billings Park. The raspberries are out so we walked, chatted and ate berries with the kids. It was a beautiful afternoon.

Oh yeah, update on Dillan! She is doing great. We've been practicing her head control during tummy time and she's getting really good at it. She's growing into more and more of her clothes.

The kids three month pictures are tomorrow and I'm so excited. A girl I graduated with is coming to the house to take their pictures and they are going to look so adorable. I can't wait. It will be fun.

That's all for now. I'm off to try to get a little sleep tonight. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Love
Joscy, Corey, Dillan & Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment