Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Crib

Hello all, things seem to have quieted themselves down for our kids these last couple of days and we are so happy for that.

Tyler is doing much better this week. They ran A LOT of tests on him this weekend and so far everything they have run has come back negative. Yeah!!! He had a really good day today. He was awake and happy, he is eating 30ml of food every 3 hours and he's even pooping. We really couldn't be happier. Last night the central line that Tyler has had in for almost a month broke and they had to remove it. That was ok but they did have to put in an IV for the nutrition that he's still getting because he isn't eating enough. However, the doctor is going to continue to increase his food this week and he's hoping the IV can come out in the next day or so. YIPPIE!!! Tyler still has the nasal cannula in and is at 1 liter of flow. He was at about 30% oxygen the last couple of days but today he was mostly at room air. That was nice to see. So, he had a rough weekend but we are happy that he's doing better now. I know I didn't get into a lot of details around that but it's hard to write about the sad days. Oh and did I mention that Tyler is now 6lbs 5oz??? He's such a big handsome boy. I call him pork chop because he's got the cutest chubby chin. I just love it.

Dillan is doing well. She is now in a crib and holding her temp well. The last thing she has to be able to do is bottle all of her feedings. Today she bottled the first 3 with ease but by 5pm tonight she was tired. She took about half of it and then fell asleep. She's almost there. Today they stopped giving her caffeine and changed her milk to be exactly what she would get at home. I can't remember if I explained that but they give preemies caffeine to remind them to breathe. If possible they like to stop the caffeine before the babies go home. She had her last dose yesterday so now we just have to see how she does. If she continues as she has I know she will do well without it. She is absolutely adorable and she loves to dress up in all the pretty outfits she's received (even the pink ones). :) The doctor told me yesterday that she would hopefully come home sometime next week. Today he told me she's doing so well it could be sooner than later. I was so excited. I can't wait for her to be home with us. Dillan is now 4lbs 11oz and we are hoping she will hit 5lbs by the time she comes home.

Thank you all for your continued support. It's been over 7 weeks in the NICU and it feels like 7 months. We are so thankful for the doctors and nurses that care for our little ones every day. The staff has been great and we can't thank them enough.

Hope everyone is enjoying the short week this week. My days in the NICU are a blur. I can only imagine what it's going to be like with the two of them at home. Ahhh I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment